Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Menses Fasting?, Fish, Plastic-Free Living, Homesteading

Zero Carb Keto

Menses Fasting?, Fish, Plastic-Free Living, Homesteading

My menses has become very regular on carnivore, and pain free, amazing compared to the horrible old carb days! I was thinking about using that time each month for fasting. Does anyone have experience with 'menses fasting'? I have not really experimented much with fasting at all. But 'menses fasting' kind of makes intuitive sense to me. I might try it starting today, I have one and a half days left of my four day menses, so it would be a short fast!

I also have been thinking about fish. It seems every time I have fish I get some gut pain, and often foot cramping and headaches too. I always get wild-caught fish, too. I wonder if generally most fish is just too lean? I feel like when I got the sable fish (the only "keto ratio" fish, besides fresh unseasoned eel) I did not have that problem. That makes me leery to have fish anymore. Plus the cost compared to beef, then there's the toxicity too. Grassfed beef and lamb just really seem best for my health, and for environmental sustainability too!

In other news, I am still working on more ways to be plastic-free. I am considering getting a wooden computer keyboard and mouse and mouse pad. And real horn glasses. I need to find a natural bristle toothbrush. I have a beautiful horn comb and love it so much that I ordered a second one! And I love using the 100% natural rubber Keeper menstrual cup. I've been using local handmade bar soap instead of body wash, washing soda or bulk herbs instead of shampoo, and Artisana coconut oil instead of moisturizer or lotion.

I am still thinking of ways to have a little self-sufficient zero carb homestead. I wanted to do a simple 2 acre house with sheep, well or rainwater catchment, solar for radiant floor heating, compostable toilet, and transportation via bicycle or donkey. But it's just out of my budget in cash for that acreage. 

Then I thought, maybe I could do a smaller urban version with just ducks or geese that can forage for their own food? I have an appointment to look at some houses in a small town on Friday. We'll see how it goes!

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts