Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Living a Plastic-Free Carnivore Lifestyle

Zero Carb Keto

Living a Plastic-Free Carnivore Lifestyle


Yesterday I tried to buy some fresh wild-caught sockeye salmon, but was thwarted! I asked if they would put it in my Bio Bag (fresh out the box, which I had with me) but was told no, the bag could be contaminated. Oh well. I had actually emailed this chain prior and asked if I could, and they said yes. So much for that. I think maybe it is just too much of a risk for most butcher counters and processors to take.

I was also annoyed because I found a brand of canned crabmeat that had vitamin C! But it had added sugar!! Crazy.

So I walked out of that shop empty-handed, unfortunately.

I did get to take thee different walks through beautiful forests though, so that was great! I was thinking about how different things are now than prior to white man's arrival to North America. I was reading that the creeks and rivers used to be teeming with fish, and the forests just replete with game. Now when I walk, I never see or hear any wildlife but some songbirds, and maybe one or two very small fish. 

They say the prairies used to have millions of buffalo! When they stampeded, it was like thunder. 

Things are so different now! Now you will find GMO corn, soy, and wheat on those prairies.

I look around, and I see everyone's shape is now round, instead of tall, strong, and thin as we should be. The media images all show carby foods, in the ads, the magazine articles, the shows. That's what everyone does now for entertainment, is to "go out to eat" something carby, after snacking on carbs all day at work. It's a very different lifestyle. It's hard for me to relate!

I am working on replacing more and more of the plastics in my life. The farm from which I buy canned grassfed beef also sells hide and horn products. I am replacing the one rug that I have in my house with a beautiful hide rug instead! 

I am also trying to find more ways to replace electronics in my life. I stopped watching TV (don't even own one!) or movies, I don't read newspapers online or otherwise. I am trying to get away from using the computer other than when needed for work. I am re-taking up music again, and it feels great! And walking now that the weather is nice. 

I am trying to think of more interesting and challenging hobbies that aren't expensive or produce useless knickknacks. Music is a good one in that way! But not so good for times when I want to be quiet for the neighbors. So I'll keep searching!

I am also still trying to find more ways to get plastic-free fatty meat and organ meats. I think though the only way will be to raise it or hunt and fish it myself and do my own processing! But when I look into that, it requires buying more land than I can afford in cash. And a motorized vehicle, which I am against as well. I like being able to walk for my transportation! So I will continue to rack my brain for more options.

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts