Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Back to Lamb

I researched into getting a half beef share, hoping that by doing that I could get it processed leaving all of the fat intact. I was excited because my local farmer has a steer ready for processing on Monday! I called the processor to make sure they could do what I wanted.

Unfortunately, the processor said that grassfed beef, besides the few cuts that I have been getting, is just too lean for my needs. He recommended either switching to grain-fed (but I do not consider that very healthy) or concentrating on grassfed lamb.

So I will go back to lamb. I have sourced several local farmers for lamb and hopefully between them all and some fatty beef cuts, I can piece together enough food to last all year.

I will get a chest freezer so that I can stock up when lamb is in peak season, too! I do not really have any room in my small condo for it, but I have some room outside. So if I put a lock on it, hopefully that will work!




Grassfed beef short ribs


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts