Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: No Temptation!

I wanted to talk a little bit today about temptation.

Back when I was a sugar-burner, I felt very differently about food. I found everything so terribly tempting!

I usually had the willpower to stop myself, but the temptation was still there. If I had to work where there was chocolate, or a plate of cookies, or hot homemade bread right in front of me, I would be so very, very tempted to partake at least a little.

But now, a year and nine months into zero carb keto, I realize that my whole mentality has changed!

I do not find any of those kind of foods tempting in the slightest anymore. It all seems like poison to me. I know that if I ate it, it would taste grossly sweet, make me feel terribly ill and nauseauted, bloated and heavy in the gut, and then I would probably end up getting a head cold (upper respiratory virus) too.

Even drinks, such as wine or tea have no temptation for me now. I know that they are full of sugars, and that sugars are just not healthy for me.

And most interestingly, I am perfectly content and satisfied! I am not pining away, wishing I could have those things. I am not hungry at all. I can pass right by the workplace gauntlet of donuts, pizza, cookies, candy, etc. with not even the slightest interest.

That to me, is a really, really good sign of health. I am satiated. I am getting all the nutrients I need, even with 20% calorie restriction. I am complete, content, with a cool hand, and level head. It is a really, really good feeling!


Grassfed beef oxtail with sea salt





Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts