Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Perspective

Zero carb keto seems so healthy and natural to me that I often forget that it is not the norm!

I see people adding all sorts of extra things to their meat, like rubs and spices and sauces and vegetables. And I think, what a waste! Really good meat should have nothing but a little sea salt!

And then there are the unbelievably large portions that people eat, too! I cannot believe my eyes sometimes when I see the amounts that people eat. I actually use small plates because my portions are so small, it is more aesthetic on a beautiful, small sized plate. 

Then there are all the extras on top of that, like appetizers, snacks, drinks, desserts, etc. Just mind-blowing to me to me now that eating that much all the time is considered normal!

It is really a total change of perspective when on zero carb keto. It is just so much easier and simpler in every way. Get good fatty red meat, put it in empty slow cooker overnight. Eat small portions with salt. Drink water. Reheat in toaster oven. That is all! So simple and efficient! 

And another perspective change is to be excited about eating organs and offal! These are actually my favorite cuts! Beef heart makes an amazing simple salted jerky, beef sweetbreads are incredible little nuggets of wonder, lamb liver is unfathomably sweet and mild, and a good roasted oxtail is a delight of fatty, collagen-rich perfection! 

I feel that I really appreciate my food so much more than I ever did before this way of eating. And then there is the wonderful level-headedness, the "cool hand" as I like to call it, that comes with good, constant ketosis. That too is a welcome difference from life as a sugar-burner.

It is a total perspective change, and it is wonderful!


Grassfed lamb roast with sea salt












Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts