Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Sourcing Food

It has been tricky to source good fatty red meat lately! I thought by getting a half beef share, I might be able to specifically request that the cuts be left fatty. But after discussing it with the processor, he said that the grassfed beef is mainly too lean except for certain cuts.

So then I thought maybe I can just get a chest freezer and plan on stocking up on whole grassfed lamb when it is available. However, there are no lambs available at the moment.

There is a chance to get some lamb next week possibly. So hopefully that might work! I was able to get some beef tongue, oxtail, brisket, and a fatty heart to get me through this week! I also ordered marrow bones online so I have that as a side if I can only find lean meats.

That is what my backup will be in general for now, to have marrow bones on the side when all I can get is lean beef!

I prefer just having fatty cuts. That is tastier and easier! But when times are lean, you have to make do!


Homemade grassfed beef heart jerky



Comments

  1. What website do you order your marrow bones from online?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mix it up, sometimes some of them are out of stock. I would recommend trying to find them locally if you can, to save the shipping expense!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts