Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: More Thoughts on Holidays

The other day I wrote about how I have decided to celebrate holidays and birthdays my own way. Instead of the focus being on deleterious foods like frosted birthday cakes, sweets and carbohydrate-heavy side dishes, I have decided to make special days more about the experience!

I have moved the focus to the activities, not on the food. That way I can still stay zero carb keto and others can eat as they wish, with no one feeling out of place!

One nice way to celebrate is to go somewhere new. A nice, relaxing place in the countryside is always great! Away from the rat race of city life, with its noise and light pollution, and out into the fresh air, open spaces, peacefulness and quiet!

When out in the countryside, grilling is a fun activity. A charcoal grill is a real luxury when manned by a great grillmaster! But even a humble slow cooker can yield some incredible results if the meats are good, rich, and fatty!

So I am starting to think up fun activities for the upcoming holidays of Thanksgiving and Christmas. Most certainly going out to the countryside will be a part of it! Maybe a vacation rental home...or a yurt! Perhaps some hiking in the Appalachian Mountains, or exploring some caverns! A lakeside cabin with fishing?

Music is always fun too. A guitar travels easily and allows for songs around a fire or jamming together!

I usually pack my own meats when travelling by car. I just use a cooler and ice packs. And if my destination does not have a slow cooker, I bring that along too! I also purchased a car oven at a truck stop. It looks like a lunchbox, plugs into your car, and you can actually cook meals in it! I have not used it much, but it is nice to know I have it in a pinch!


Grassfed beef short ribs with sea salt




Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts