Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Getting Through The Lean Months

We are approaching the winter, and unfortunately that means my local farmers are already starting to get low on fatty cuts of meat. I took a trip out to my local farm yesterday. Already there is no more tongue, briskets are down to just the lean ones, there are no more whole lamb shares available, and no more oxtail.

I am trying to think of a plan to get through the many lean months ahead!

I might have to order some marrow bones online. Then suffice with lean beef cuts and have marrow fat on the side for necessary fat.

Another option is to eat eggs more often, since those tend to continue to be available throughout the winter. I am not all that keen on eggs though, since their omega 6:3 ratio is not very favorable, just like other poultry.

I could resort to locally raised, pastured pork, but again, it still does not have a favorable omega 6:3 ratio.

Already my fat to protein ratio is getting lower. I am down to just 64% fat intake! However, that is still enough to stay in ketosis.

I find it really frustrating that guidelines for meat processing in the USA have all but eliminated fat caps on roasts and other cuts, year by year. And the ranching industry has bred leaner and leaner animals over the decades too.

The powers that be are intentionally starving us! And we are getting to the point now that it has been multiple generations brought up this way. Butchers and meatcutters no longer even know what real fat caps should look like, and the average consumer wants all the skin and fat cut off of everything because they mistakenly have been brought up to believe it is "healthy."

I hope there can be a resurgence of fatty cuts! It happened for vinyl records!

Grassfed beef heart and lamb shank with sea salt










Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts