Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Lower Fat?

I noticed in Cronometer that my fat intake has been lower this last week. I have not been using any extra fat on the side of my lamb, and this lamb was rather small and lean. So my fat to protein ratio was around 64%/34% with the little bit extra going to carbs from eggs, and a quarter ounce of vodka a few nights.

I think this fat to protein percentage is fine though. I feel energetic and well, and my blood pressure is consistently good and low. So I am not going to try to get my fat intake any higher.

I have a few weeks left of lamb, then I will have to probably go back to beef, since the lamb season is over. Hopefully I can come up with enough fatty cuts like tongue and brisket to get through the winter!

If not, I can purchase leaner cuts if need be and order extra marrow fat online for the side! And eat plenty of eggs!

Grassfed lamb shank with sea salt


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts