Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Feeling Truly Satiated

It is interesting because sometimes people say they feel sorry for me because I cannot eat all the foods that they eat. But sometimes I feel sorry for them, too! Because they do not know the feeling of being truly satiated.

It is a different feeling than being really full from eating too much. Especially from too much carbohydrate, which can make you feel sleepy, bloated, and fat.

This is a different feeling altogether. It is feeling of being whole, content, and in a state of well-being. Yet still light, slim, taut, and full of energy!

It is a really wonderful feeling. And I have it all the time! Before eating as well as after eating!

It is a real change from the way I used to feel after eating. My torso would be visibly distended, I would suffer from gut pain. I remember as a child trying desperately to deflate the bloating by stretching backwards or punching my gut. Of course, that never worked!

People would say, have you tried probiotics? Or more fiber? And actually, both of those just aggravated the issue even more!

What worked was removing plant matter altogether. All of it! Not even herbs, or tea. People think that herbs are innocuous, but they are full of very powerful compounds, such as tannins, oxalates, alkaloids, saponins, etc. These can actually be toxic!

When I removed all plant matter from my dietary intake, the difference was incredible. I finally felt free! My digestion was blissfully simple at last!

But it is not just about removing plant matter, but getting enough quality animal fat as well. It isn't easy! For me, dairy just does not work. So I have to get my animal fats from fatty cuts of meat. I avoid pork and poultry because their high omega 6 fatty acid content is inflammatory.

So I often have to be satisfied with just 65% fat intake to 35% protein intake. I prefer to have 70% / 30%, but it is difficult to find fatty enough cuts. However, even 60/40 is good enough to keep the feeling of perfect satiety and to stay in ketosis!


Grassfed beef brisket with sea salt








Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts