Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Where's the Beef?

So I have decided to go ahead and do a half beef share! My hope is by doing that, I can have a lot more control over the processing and have them keep all of the fat on the meat!

I have been watching many YouTube videos on meat cutting, and it makes me weep when I see beautiful grassfed fat get trimmed completely off of the meat. What a terrible, terrible shame!

So I plan to go the processor in person and explain to them not to trim off any fat. I think I might also explain that I follow a ketogenic, high-fat diet for health reasons. That might help them understand.

Now the next step is to figure out where to put 250-300lbs of beef!

I live in a 900 sq ft (84 sq meters) condo with no garage. But I will need to get a big freezer just to store all of this beef! One idea is to replace my regular kitchen refrigerator with a tall freezer, and just get a mini fridge instead on the side. I actually do not use the refrigerator all that much, just for thawing out frozen meat and keeping some cooked meat leftovers, and some chilled water. So my refrigerator does not need to be very big!

The other idea is to get a chest freezer with a lock and keep it out on my patio.

I will have to do some freezer shopping and see what might work best for me! I already have a plan to keep the meat organized by cut in insulated bags. Then I can also put a list on the freezer door and cross items off as I take them out, so I know what exactly I have.

I am excited! If this works, it will allow to have the beautiful, golden fatty grassfed cuts that I want, and not have to worry about it for almost a year! Plus then I am supporting my local farmer and processor!


Grassfed beef short ribs with sea salt


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts